Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pumpkin Time!

I swear I have two stomachs: one for "real food" and one just for dessert. I always have room and make time for dessert.

So it comes as no surprise that I also love to bake! I'm a newlywed who struggles with cooking, but can totally handle baking. It relaxes me and feeds my sweet tooth.

Since it's that time of the year, I've been obsessed with pumpkin recipes lately. This week's favorite: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Creme Cheese icing from my homegirl, Martha. (I've already had three people in my office ask me for the recipe).


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
The Cake:

•2 C all-purpose flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•1 tsp coarse salt
•1 tsp ground cinnamon
•1 tsp ground ginger
•1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
•1/4 tsp ground allspice
•1 C packed light brown sugar
•1 C granulated sugar
•1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
•4 eggs, slightly beaten
•1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper or silicone liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice; set aside.
2.In large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and eggs. Add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
3.Divide among baking cups evenly, filling each about halfway. Cook 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack and cool.

The Icing:

•1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
•1/2 C (1 stick) butter, room temperature
•3 C confectioner's sugar
•1 tsp vanilla extract
1.Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and sugar.
2.Spread evenly or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.

What's your favorite fall dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment